Start uploading your images to GWiP now! Be the lucky 50k image, and you can win an iPad 2 from the sexy site for guys and their beloved Apple device.
For two years GuysWithiPhones.com has been the hottest site where amateur guys, porn stars, and celebrities drop in and snap their best and sexiest shots with the world’s most stylish phone. Within the next few weeks, we will post our 50,000th photo and to celebrate this incredible milestone we’ve decided to throw “GWiP’s Race to the 50K!”
We’d love every guy with an iPhone to submit sexy photos to our site! But the lucky fella who submits our 50,000th photograph will win an iPad 2 — and there’s more! In the five days leading up to the 50,000 mark, we will give away an iPod Shuffle each day to one lucky submitter — that’s 5 chances to win a free iPod Shuffle just for uploading a great guy with an iPhone!Sounds pretty great, does it not!? I've been a fan of GWiP for a very long time, and I've submitted my fair share of images to them, so I'm extremely excited that they're doing this promotion! For official rules, read below:
1. The race will run until we post the 50,000th pic. 2. All submissions can be sent to “firstname.lastname@example.org” or made over the web via: http://guyswithiphones.com/upload/. 3. There is no limit to the number of submissions. So send in as many as you like! 4. Each shot must have an iPhone in clear view. 5. The 50,000th approved picture will win the unlocked iPad 2. Five runners-up will receive iPod Shuffles. 6. All submissions must be made via valid email addresses. Finalists will be contacted to verify authenticity of submissions. So please uploading your hottest GWiP entry! 7. Unverified submissions will be forfeited for the purpose of the contest (but may still be added to the GWiP site). In the event that the 50,000th or other winning photos are not authentic/verifiable, the prize will be given to the next approved submission. 8. Minimum age of entry is 18 years old. 9. A winner will be announced after we’ve published the 50,000th photoAnd there you have it, boys! Now pull out those iPhones, open the camera app and start snapping! You never know which photo could net you a brand new iPad 2!
Follow @harveywalker Follow @ClosetCaseRoman
Gym Fuck: Parker London & Shane Frost @ DominicFord.com
Welcome to the first of four movies in Dominic Ford's "Gym Fuck" series. This month, we will be updating the site 2-3 times a week. Thursday we will release the sex scene. Saturday and Monday we will release the workout tapes, filmed by the stars in the movie.This week, Shane Frost and Parker London take us through an upper body workout. Parker shows us his routines for chest, biceps and triceps. Shane takes us through lats, pecs and shoulders.And then Shane shows us (in a very different way) how to work out his ass! It evidently involves a lot of stretching!
Watch the full movie at DominicFord.comFollow @harveywalker Follow @ClosetCaseRoman
- Lack of Adobe Flash - The lack of flash video on the iPhone and iPad is becoming less of a nuisance these days, since more and more websites are offering their video content in both flash and HTML5 formats. Actually, the failure to incorporate HTML5 into a website is the real problem. If you're not making your website compatible with devices that are in the hands of nearly 200 million people, that's on you. Not the device.
- Camera Megapixels - As I've seen personally with both the iPhone and a Droid X, more megapixels does not equal a better picture. As it currently stands the iPhone 4 has 5 MP versus the Droid's 8 MP. On most of my photo tests, as well as most photo tests from other entities, the iPhone photos rate better thanks to the stabilizer and better focus. Colors also seem crisper for whatever reason.
- iOS Isn't Open Source - Given the serious security breach that the Android app store just suffered, I'm not going to even bother to rub it in their face just why it's such a bad idea to let "anything go." There's a reason that computers running Windows are more susceptible to viruses. Mac keeps their shit closed tight so that the user has an over all pleasant experience for years to come. Android is only proving itself to be the Windows OS of mobile devices, which is saying something since Windows has their own mobile OS.
Why would I upgrade?Now, why would I recommend the iPad 2 ahead of it's release on Friday? No, I don't have an advance tester device in my hands nor did I attend the announcement event last week in San Francisco. There are a few pieces of information that were shared during that announcement however that cemented in my mind the justification for upgrading.
- Facetime - Some people might think that the lack of a front facing camera on the first iPad was an oversight or a purposeful act to encourage upgrading. I however don't think it's quite so cut and dry. I think it took Apple longer than normal to figure out how to market the new front facing camera system on their mobile devices. iSight cameras have been standard in Macs for years, and prior to their built-in status, they were made to be compatible with the full range of desktops and laptops. Now, we see in all new models of Apple computers, the built-in camera has been renamed FaceTime HD. I think they sort of stumbled onto "FaceTime" as a communication tool and brand. All that being said, FaceTime on a tablet is a wonderful idea. It's already neat on the iPhone and more logical on a MacBook. The iPad might prove to be the perfect medium for video calling.
- Faster Processing Speeds - The iPad and iPhone 4 are already pretty fast as far as mobile devices go. Any time you add more speed – especially when you double existing scores – you've got a #winning reason to upgrade. What this means for you the user is that all app launch times will effectively be cut in half. Videos will run smoother and start earlier. Faster = better in technology. And things will always get faster.
- The Smart Covers - Okay, I did have to mention these despite their not actually being included with the iPad 2 itself. They're sold separately, but the design is genius. Magnetic attachment, triangular folding into a stand, 10 different colors to choose from, screen cleaning interior microfiber... need I say more? Apple typically doesn't get into the case/cover production since they pride themselves on their product design. However, the new iPad 2 Smart Cover proves just why they should focus a little more R&D into that industry.
Images from Apple.com.
And so my verdict, being both an Apple enthusiast yet a person who would not recommend a product frivolously, is that you should definitely upgrade to the iPad 2 if you're already an iPad owner, or just flat out make this your first iPad purchase. It's not necessary to do it right away, mind you. Apple is producing 40 million of these puppies this year. You've got plenty of time. I will say this though. Don't ever buy an Apple product if it is 8-11 months into it's life cycle. Something newer and better is waiting just around the corner. The good thing about iPads, however, is that compared to computers, they're inexpensive enough to gift to family members, or to just keep on the coffee table as a spare. I can definitely envision a world in which a household has 3-4 iPads lying about for the sake of convenience.Follow @harveywalker Follow @ClosetCaseRoman