- Double Tap We get it, someone you enjoy talking to isn’t replying. We all know how emotionally crippling that can be. Don't be that dumbass and ask your recipient if they saw what you just sent them, though! Unless if they have hundreds of tweets coming in a minute, or your account is locked and they don't follow you, then guess what? They probably saw it. Whether they reply or not is out of your hands. Your aggressively clingy behavior may, in fact, be the reason why they haven’t replied. Chill the fuck out.
- Pic Spam Don’t flood your followers’ timelines with link-after-link of pictures you didn't have a hand in creating! Try to keep it at 3-5 tweets, max, every couple of hours. If there are more, provide a link to an album or photo sets. If you're using Tumblr, there's a “Send/link to twitter” option you can check off. Believe it or not, these are perfect grounds for blocking/reporting you as spam. Keep that in mind.
- Horoscopes Here’s the thing, whether you believe in the daily readings or not is your own business. Again: your own business. For those of you who clearly don't get it, the thing about any horoscope is that they’re only meant for you to read. Beyond that, no one cares that today might be a great day for you, creatively. Also, by linking a horoscope service to your twitter, which could be a potential data-mining service, your own horoscope gets tweeted from your account at 6am. When you're likely sleeping and probably won't even see it. But the rest of us will. And it's annoying. STAHP!
- Photoshop Overkill
If you’re not a professional or a photo retouching hobbyist, you probably shouldn’t try to edit pics yourself! There’s more to a perfect complexion than filters and smudge/blur tools, guys! They are NOT your friend!
More often than not, the end-result is your viewers will become uncomfortably aware that you’re desperately trying to hide your wrinkles, that acne-breakout, shinier surfaces than a pan after cooking bacon, your latest herps outbreak, etc.
If you must have perfect skin when posting your selfies all over the internet, then
blackmailask or pay a friend who knows how to do it! One who knows cloning, textures, and shading. I can’t tell you how many times my eyes have been assaulted by your bad wiping jobs (and let's be real, most of you think it's as simple as wiping blemishes away -- it isn't). Rest assured that we *DO* talk about your bad photos with others and we *DO* laugh at your expense. We never said we were angels.
- Temper Tantrums All people don’t/won’t get along, duh! Putting someone on blast just for something as simple as unfollowing you, however, speaks volumes about why you're not worth being followed. There’s always a logical reason behind their reprehensible act. By making a public spectacle of it, though, you’ve just proven why. If you’re one of those “bad bitch/asshole” types that needs to tell the whole world the great sin done upon Your Majesty, chances are you’re going to be losing more followers even faster.
- Follow Stats People are more inclined to care about their own follower numbers than yours, it's a tough pill to swallow but one you just have to accept. They’re a badge of pride to some, for some reason, while others just don‘t care. That said, If people generally don’t care how many followers you have, they’ll care even less about your daily follow/unfollow stats. The sites vomiting this data into your tweets are, again, perfect grounds for unfollowing and blocking/reporting you as spam.
- #FollowBack Hounding You would think this one were a no-brainer, but: YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO FOLLOWERS! If you don’t provide anything worth being followed, then guess what? You're not worth being followed. Team FollowBack? More like you've just been blocked.
- Flash Following Along the same vein as #FollowBack Hounding, there's flash following which is the act of repeatedly following and unfollowing someone in hopes of getting them to follow you back. It is a rather crazy idea, but for whatever reason, it's clear you think you’re worth it. You’re not, though. After you’ve done this three or four times, you’ve given us grounds to report you as spam again.
- #Hashtag Overdose We get it, you’re comedy gold and sometimes your genius can only be topped off with a #hashtag. By all means, let your hash-flag fly! Remember KISS though: Keep it simple, stupid! 3 hashtags per tweet should suffice, remember you're working with limited space (this is my personal rule, anyway). You also shouldn't make tags impossible to read by flooding the damn thing with crap longer than your tweet. Unless, of course, it's fucking hilarious. #dontbethisshamelessdick #wordvomitisneverokinthisspace #omgwtflolbbqsauce Also, don’t be a fuck-wit who underscores tags like #Follow_Friday or, worse, #F_0_L_L_0_W___F_r_1_D_4_Y. It’s not cute, it's not "original." It’s annoying as hell and still just #FF or #FollowFriday. Eat a dick.
- Twit-lebrity Fury Angry that your favorite celebrity with over a gajillion twitter followers won’t take a measly minute out of their day to humbly thank you for your intense — possibly extreme — idolatry? Don’t you hate it when you tweet them something that's probably been said to them a many more times than they can count and they still ignore you? Guess what: as in real life, there's a wall. Stop whining. Depending on the celebrity, you’re probably not directly conversing with them anyway. You're especially less likely to get a reply if they're a Verified Account. Want to know a secret? Verified Accounts have 2 timeline options! The default is set so the first timeline only shows replies and mentions from people a Verified Account follows (i.e., not you). The rest of us have to muck through any and all tweets sent to us. Don’t believe me? Look at the Verified Account FAQ from twitter, read the 7th item, "Why do I see two timeline options on verified profiles?": http://support.twitter.com/articles/119135-faqs-about-verified-accounts.
- "Officially" Verified Unless if you've got that blue check -- that is only provided by Twitter -- next to your name, you're not official. Get over it. Using your header image to manipulate your profile into looking as if it has been verified is not only tacky, but it should be grounds for flagging a profile as spam. Thankfully, the website has recently undergone changes to make this even more difficult for you losers trying to pass yourselves off as somebody.
- #FF RT OD We get that people tweet each other or get mentioned in the grating business of “Follow Friday.” It’s cool (or whatever) that you do. However, you really don’t have to retweet every last tweet you get! We don't care. Fridays are the worst day to visit Twitter because there are so many in my own timeline who will literally retweet every mention they’ve gotten that day alone. Literally, every one. PLEASE stop that! Think of the children.
Note from CockyBoys Director and Owner Jake Jaxson: I can't express how grateful and honored we are to be so generously recognized by both the Grabbys and the TLA Gay Video Awards.
It's been a little over a year since I went from being behind a desk to behind the camera, and I could not be more proud of my staff, my crew, and our CockyBoys! They have all been so committed and enrolled in my main goal -- producing gay adult entertainment that we can be proud of!
Growing up in southern Louisiana, I was taught that sex was bad and that gay sex was an abomination. Obviously, that can really fuck up a confused and creative kid like me, so I view my work as a giant "fuck you" to that part of my upbringing. And I hope the work we do at CockyBoys will help connect viewers to a certain sexual energy they can enjoy over and over again, having a guilt free porn experience!
I'd also like to thank our producing partners -- Tim Valenti at Naked Sword Originals, as well as George Duroy, Stuart Davis, and Lukas Kazan at Bel Ami Online. Their support, guidance, and collaborative spirit have been invaluable.
I know it's probably assumed by you, the readers, at this point, but in this age of free porn and tube sites, this is probably the one standout site that actually deserves your membership. They consistently produce original and compelling content that's not only sexy, but it's high caliber erotica. The features and the scenes they produce are made with the viewer – not revenue – in mind. It's such a rarity in 2013.
[Editorial Note from Harvey Walker] If a pornographic studio was the District Attorney in 'The Dark Knight', then the slogan would definitely be "I believe in Cocky Boys."Follow @harveywalker Follow @ClosetCaseRoman